Thursday, August 30, 2007

Why not?

It's game time. Seriously, I'm ready to explore new things. I'll be turning 30 next year and I just can't wait to see how much I can do before that day. I don't know there is the longing inside of me to take an active approach to learning new things. I started crocheting about a week ago and I have been so inspired by futuregirl (see her website http://www.futuregirl.com/). I have always loved creating, making things my own, putting my little twist on something basic and it's high time that I give some things a try. Why not! What do I have to loose? I used to be so fearful of making mistakes and not doing things perfectly. Not anymore! In fact, I have been feeling so much creative energy that I wrote a children's story on Monday. I've written about 3 so far but it had been about 3 1/2 years since I wrote my last. I'm excited. I caught up with a friend of mine who started a business of her own, and just wrapped a job she did with MTV and I was like wow! What's to stop me from pursuing my dreams. I've been praying "God thank you for open doors, business opportunities ..." and so, it shouldn't be a huge surprise that I'm moving in that direction. I encourage everyone to follow their dreams. What is it that you hoped for as a little girl? What did you dream of? Go for it! Why not!

1 comment:

futuregirl said...

I was visiting because you commented on my blog today. What a surprise to see that you mentioned me! :) I'm so happy to be your inspiration to crochet. It's such a great craft. If you're like me, it will seem very hard at first, but once you get some practice in, it will all start getting clearer and clearer. :)