Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Still ...

"And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream. I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., August 28, 1963

I believe in this wonderful dream. I believe there is something very significant about this small section of this amazing speech. The words are so inspiring and just a glimpse of what America should be. In a world full of decay, hate, rage, prejudice and injustices all around, its nice to get an image of something better for us ... not just in heaven but a little heaven on earth. So nice ...

I thought I'd incorporate my word of the day into this post:

kith /KITH/ noun :familiar friends, neighbor or relative.

I count it a blessing to call a wide variety of people my kith and kin, from the darkest to the lightest in hue, my friends are those who stand with me in adversity.

Thank you friends!

No comments: