Tuesday, February 07, 2012

No More Chaos...

As I worshipped the Lord this morning the Lord said to my spirit, “The chaos is over.” It’s over here and it’s over there, but the chaos is also over within you. As I meditated in the word this week and pondered on a number of inconsistencies in my own character, I said to the Lord, “Let the mediation of my heart be pleasing to you.” So often, we go about our lives and never take an introspective look at ourselves. We never stop and think “How can I better?” Most times, we’re saying if this person would do this or if this situation didn’t exist then “I” would be better or I wouldn’t have to deal with “this”. But it is the quiet mediations if our hearts that proves where I faith lies. I can speak BIG things when I have an audience of people looking at me, watching my life. What if there is only an audience of one? Who is watching my life when no one is watching? Who hears my thoughts? Who knows Natrietia outside of her occupation? Her role as a wife and mother? Who knows the depth of my own heart and will but God. And so, when I am faced with difficult circumstances will I fade away into the comfort of my complaints about this or that; or will I meditate in God’s word and believe that I am triumphant in Him. Surely the chaos has ended within. This trial, child of God, Daughter of Zion has ended in you! The chaos that raged within that attempted to steal your peace is over! The chaos that tried to distract you is over! The chaos that tried to get you unbalanced and make you fall. That chaos has ended! Proverbs 4:23 says “Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it.” We have a responsibility to protect whatever we let into our hearts because it is what is in our hearts that will direct us. There are many things that we keep in our heart. We hold so many things dear. We treasure our families and the memories that we share. We treasure our possessions. We treasure our lives. The things that we treasure we care for. And that is not a bad thing. But what we treasure should not weary us. Luke 10: 41-42 describes a woman who was full of cares. She treasured her name. She was a hard worker. She kept a clean house. She cooked a good meal. She had such a good name in her community that she even had Jesus as an invited guest. I mean, we’re not talking President Obama. We’re talking son of God, water walker, healer of the sick, Messiah. So, she had a reputation and a good name. She treasured and wearied herself trying to do everything to be super woman. So much so that she got angry at her “lazy” sister who did nothing but sit at the feet of Jesus and listen to him talk. She said (I’m paraphrasing) “Jesus, make her get up. I’m doing all the work and I’m worried that it won’t get done.” Jesus said, (I’m paraphrasing) “You’re worried about a lot. Your sister isn’t. And that’s a good thing.” So stop worrying. It’s time for you to rest at the feet of Jesus and listen to him talk. There are wonderful promises waiting there for you. There is peace in His Presence, unlimited goodness and abundant life! The Lord said to me, “These are the good times!” It’s time to rejoice. The chaos has ended for those who believe in and trust in the goodness of God. Give thanks!

No comments: